Jump on our merry go round and join a group of artists/crafts-women from around the world as they link hands and tell you a little bit about their lives in craft.
Do look up the answers from the rest of this band of crafters (links to your left) and welcome our new members, Bethany, Jen, Laura and Monika!
If they haven't all posted yet, remember we all live in different time zones and check again later...
Top 5 (or 10) Favourite tools for our craft(s)
Always, but always, really, close at hand (couldn't live without them):
- a miniature Swiss army knife (at least one! I have three...), in my pocket. They all have tiny but sturdy scissors that I use all the time*
- measuring tape
- & overworked pin cushion, both on a side table
Always close at hand too, once I'm at it (couldn't craft without them):
- round pliers
- crimping pliers (they can come in handy for so much wire work)
Never very far either (they make my life so much easier :)
- paper & pen / pencil (these do tend to be lying about at all times, but they shouldn't...)
- normal size Swiss army knife with miniature screwdriver (in my handbag, along with measuring tape bis)*
- nylon jaw pliers
- flat pliers (these two kinds more recently acquired than the other two pairs of pliers above but very addictive too, in that they can correct mistakes or even prevent them)
- bench blocks and hammers, lots of hammers...
* slightly problematic whenever I have to travel by plane...